- Welcome to Drift
Welcome to Metiix Drift
Steps to load and activate a Drift client:
- Tap the "New Device" button. This will bring you to the "Add New Device" page.
- Fill out all the information about the device you wish to deploy your new Drift client on.
- Enter the device name Example: fileserv001..
- Give a brief description of the device for future reference.
- Select the OS for this device.
- Select a Notify Group. You were automatically placed in the "Default Notify Group" when you created the Drift account. You may add more individuals to the Notify Group, or create alternate Notify Groups in the future.
- Enter "Tags" for this device to assist in future search (you can add tags later if you like). Examples: mn, duluth, fileserver, production, ops
- Tap "Create Device"
- The next screen asks you to download the proper version of the Drift client. Pay special attention to #5, the Account and Device Key. You will be asked to copy them into the Drift client during install.
- When you download Drift onto the device and run the installer, you will be asked to copy in the "Account Key" and the "Device Key" and select the volumes to be monitored.
- Tap "Save" and you should immediately see results on the Drift Dashboard.
Change Time Zones
- From the Admin drop down, select "Display".
- The options will be to select your Time Zone and your choice of default Dashboard. From more generic views to detailed views.
See a list all of your devices and manage Device and Account Keys
Edit the Volume Utilization Threshold for any Device
- From the Drift Dashboard, select any device and tap "Edit" when on the Volume Details page.
- Change the default (90%) to a new percentage. If the percent threshold (used space) is surpassed on this volume, you and anyone assigned to the Notify Group, will be emailed.
Edit the Device information
- From the Drift Dashboard, select any device and tap "Edit" from Device Details page.
- Modify any information about the device such as Name, Description, Tags or change Notify Group.
Create new Notify Groups
- From the Admin drop down, select "Settings", and "Groups".
- You may have numerous Notify Groups and each group may include many individuals (Notify Targets).
- Each device monitored must belong to one Notify Group.
- A Notify Target may belong to several Notify Groups.
Add Notify Targets
- From the Admin drop down, select "Targets".
- Create Notify Targets, individuals beside yourself you would like to see Drift reports and receive Volume Utilization alerts.
- Select which report the Notify Target should receive. The basic Device Report or the more detailed Volume level report.
- To select a report for an existing Target: go to the Admin drop down, select "Targets", select "details" and "Edit" the Notify Target.
Choose an Alternate Daily Report.
- Drift sends out a daily report via email to all Targets within a Notify Group.
- There is a choice for a basic Device report and a more detailed Volume Level report.
- The type of report can be selected when you create a new notify target.
- To select a report for an existing Target: go to the Admin drop down, select "Notify Targets", select "details" and "Edit" the Notify Target.
Invite Team Members
- From the Admin drop down select "Organization" and then "Team Members".
- Add Team Members and invite them to sign in.
- Designate Team Members as Users (read only) or as full Administrators.
Modified over 4 years ago
Was this article helpful?